COVID Update - 2021
Dear Valued Patients and Community,
Elgin Street Dental Centre is OPEN and we are Well Prepared. As the pandemic drags on, we are continually updating the safety protocols to ensure the absolute safest environment for you and your family!
To continue taking care of your dental needs, we are always monitoring and meticulously implementing all public health and RCDSO (Dental governing body) guidelines and recommendations. The safety and well-being of our patients and staff is our main priority, and we have been continually implementing various measures to ensure that everyone remains safe.
1) Covid-19 Screening All Patients and Staff Members. We conduct a thorough tele-screening before the appointment and triaging during the actual visit, wherein body temperature and other COVID related screening are done.
2) We ask all our patients to do their part by wearing masks, sanitizing their hands, and letting us know if they feel under the weather. Hand Sanitizer is available at the entrance and several strategic points in the office.
3) To limit the Number of People inside the office we are strictly by appointment only. Reducing the number of people in the office at one time by staggering appointment times. We are also limiting the number of appointments per day. We have rearranged our waiting area to ensure Social Distancing.
4) Park and Text: we are asking patients to park and call or text us from their cars upon arrival at our premises, without coming into our waiting room. We will call them in at the right time. This minimizes the number of patients in our office at any given time and helps prevent the spread of COVID-19.
5) Plexiglass barrier in the front desk – A plexiglass barrier has been installed at the front desk to separate the front desk staff from patients. This minimizes direct contact between them and adheres to COVID-19 safety protocol.
6) Advanced HEPA Air Filtration Systems – We are using advanced Medical Grade Air filtration systems to eliminate aerosols in the office. As the dental patient has to remove mask for a procedure, hence we have installed HEPA filtration system in EACH room and reception so our patients and staff can have an even safer experience. These air purifiers are very powerful, filtering and replacing the air every 4 minutes in each treatment room.
7) Isolation of each treatment room and barriers are installed. This ensures that the air in the treatment rooms is not exchanged/mixed with the air in the lobby or reception area. The air in each treatment room is cleaned using advanced air filtration systems.
8) Our facility is thoroughly cleaned, sanitized and disinfected before & after each patient using the recommended disinfectants by Public Health. We ensure Strict sterilization of all our instruments with the periodic inspection.
9) All Staff/Team members are well-trained and fully equipped with PPEs. To avoid any compromise on safety, we ensure adequate supplies of advanced PPE.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We are sure that the safety measures we have implemented will make your trip to the dental office Safe and Stress-Free.
Hope to see you and your family soon. Stay Safe.
Please call us at 905 372 0168 to book an appointment.
Team @ Elgin Street Dental Centre